What a great weekend for live-fire cooking in the Greater Pittsburgh area as once again the area’s ONLY sanctioned steak competition is here!
Grill Your Steak Off 2019
This year Williams Ace Hardware is changing things up with Grill Your Ace Off and combining it with the Steak Off! This amazing event donates all proceeds, has raised over $19K for Children’s Hospital and need your help to make this the biggest donation year ever! Even if you’re not cooking you can come out and eat great BBQ from Blowfish BBQ!
As of posting time, there are 33 contestants taking a shot at the $1000 top prize plus a Golden Ticket to the SCA World Championship at Ft. Worth, TX in October. If you’d like the best job of all – eating the steaks – sign up to become a certified judge FRIDAY NIGHT!
Visit the official Facebook event for more details.
What you need for your first SCA competition
The thought of your first cookoff may seem a bit overwhelming but I have a checklist that will ease the stress of getting ready for your big day. Take a deep breath and relax because you won’t be the only rookie at the fire and the vets are always willing to help.
- 8/23 – SCA Judge Class at Grill Your Steak Off (Williams Ace Hardware, West Newton, PA)
- 8/24 – Grill Your Steak Off (SCA National Qualifier – West Newton, PA)
- 8/29 to 9/2 – Heinz Field Rib Fest (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 8/31 – Route 6 Ribfest Steak Cookoff (SCA National Qualifier – Coudersport, PA)
- 8/31 to 9/1 – Route Six Ribfest (Coudersport, PA)
All of these events can be found on the Events Page plus you can subscribe to our Google Calendar and 2019 Yinz Love BBQ Festival, Competition and Steak Cook-off Schedule to plan out your next BBQ road trip!