For the first time ever the Steak Cookoff Association will have a sanctioned event in the Pittsburgh area!
Do you cook the best steak in your neighborhood? Are you the king of your cul-de-sac? Bring your backyard skills to Grill Your Steak Off at Williams Ace Hardware.
Here is what you need to know:
- There are rules. Download and get to know them so you don’t get a DQ for something simple. There are several YouTube videos with SCA tips so start studying!
- You’re provided steaks AT THE EVENT so don’t think spending money on high end steaks before hand will get you gold but feel free to invite me over when you’re practicing with them!
- Prizes will break down as follows 1st place – $500, 2nd place – $250, $3rd place – $150, 4th place – $100. There is also a dessert competition so if you’re an all around master you could walk away with $700 in total winnings.
- This is a 1 day event. Arrive between 8am-10am and awards ends around 4:30pm. That’s a pretty awesome Saturday of you ask me.
- There is a really awesome brewery and a distillery one mile away. If you find yourself thirsty or need to celebrate afterwards there are options. Just sayin…
To register for the event go to
If you have any additional questions please contact Keith Todd at (724) 872-7783 or leave a comment below and I’ll make sure to pass it along.